We have many goals, but there are two big ones.
DONATE A BIKE
Old Spokes Home & Bike Recycle Vermont accept donations of bicycles for use in our social programming and shops.
Due to the overwhelming generosity of our community and the limitations of our storage capacity, we have slightly changed our donation policy and procedure:
Bike donations are tax-deductible. Let us know if you would like a receipt when you drop off your donation.
We now accept donations of bicycles and parts that we can readily use in our programming. This means bikes that are in rideable or very nearly rideable condition and/or higher quality bikes and parts* (we also do trade-ins at Old Spokes Home). If you aren’t sure, please call us!
Donations should be brought to Old Spokes Home during open hours. Old Spokes Home is located at 322 N Winooski Ave. in Burlington. See Old Spokes Home’s current hours on the bottom of the shop’s website here.
Donations are accepted based on staff discretion.
We really appreciate your bike donations, and we also really appreciate a suggested $10 donation to help us provide bicycles and repair services to all Vermonters through our Everybody Bikes program.
If you are donating 5 or more bicycles, please call Old Spokes Home ahead of time. Storage is a never-ending challenge for us, and we need to plan ahead for large bike donations. Reach us at (802) 863-4475.
BIKE DONATION LOCATIONS & HOURS
- plastic folding tables (the lighter ones that fold in half like this)
- bike tools -- email firstname.lastname@example.org for a list of specific tools
- a large pair of bolt cutters
- a digital projector (for presentations, movies)
- floorpaint -- in off-white or light grey
- wooden benches for outside the shop to create a waiting area for customers
- an electrician and materials to wire additional lighting in our showroom
- A regular food donation on Tuesday evenings for our drop-in volunteer night